Today (Feb. 22) NASA is taking a conference to discuss something about new discoveries about exoplanets. This conference is becoming viral in these hours due to the rumors on possible new habitable exoplanets discoveries. The conference will start at 18:00GMT and will be visible on the NASATV public channel embedded here below. Today will be an historic day for astronomy!
LIVE NASATV channel streaming
According to the rumors, this conference is expected to be historical for the news that NASA is providing.
The speakers will be five:
- Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of the Science Mission Directorate at NASA headquarters;
- Michaël Gillon, astronomer at the University of Liège in Belgium;
- Sean Carey, manager of NASA’s Spitzer Science Center at Caltech/IPAC in Pasadena;
- Nikole Lewis, astronomer at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore;
- Sara Seager, professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
Featured image credits: ESO/L. Calçada
Sanderphil urban observatory will provide Live Blogging and commentary of this event on this page in partnership with Aster Academy Astronomy.